Has anyone had side effects from BHRT?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking biodentical progesterone for a week now. I started out with tetesterone and progestetone, but was not having good effects from them together. So dr. took me off tetesterone. My anxiety hit the roof with both of them! Shaking all day long and irritable. Felt like i was losing it!

I've heard that progesterone suppose to make you feel good, calmer and sleep better. Unfortunately ,

it's not the case for me. It has not helped my sleep at all, as a matter of fact I had no problem with sleep at first. Now, I can't seem to get to sleep and when I do i wake up and can't go back to sleep. It makes me feel like I'm sedated all day long. My legs feel like jello...

The anxiety is still there not as bad but the difference now is that I ger the inside nervousness and inside tremors all day long. When before i didn't have this feeling all day until starting the BHRT.

If anyone ever had a negative effect with BHRT ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've only had good results with bhrt. Maybe if your dose was lower it might help? I'd rather start low and adjust up if necessary.

• Posted

Mary, your post begs for as many questions, as it could answers.

First off, your age, and menopause status?

Why would your doc have started you with testosterone, when the conventional wisdom is estrogen instead?

What delivery method and how much were you taking?  

What symptoms caused you to start HRT?

The obvious quick answer is that what and how you are taking these hormones is not setting well with your system or satisfying your needs.  But more information about your situation might help others give you a clearer answer.  

• Posted

I am 51 and I was told by 2 GYNs , one being my regular GYN, and the other one a bio GYN that according to my bloodwork that i am in perimenopause.

My regular gyn gave me low dose birth control pills, but i chose to go the biodentical way.

My progesterone was really low in which ive always had a problem with low progesterone. Although my tetesterone was in lab range , but at the beginning of range , he said I could use some because of the lack of energy and no sex drive.

Now, how interesting that you mentioned about the estrogen because that's exactly what my thought were. So I asked him why do I not need estrogen? He said because I have estrogen just not enough progesterone. But for some reason I do believe that the estrogen will help me.

From my understanding, the hormones fluctuate throughout the day, I know the time intervals that mine fluctuate according to the symptons I have.

I'm having hot and cold flashes, anxiety, naseau, insomnia or i wake up and can't get back to sleep, lack of energy and fatigue, no sex drive, vaginal dryness, mood swings and irritable, periods are irregular ( used to be clockwise) , muscle achy, dizziness and lightheadness, digestion issues, etc.

The thing is I have this gastritis and I know some of my symptons are triggered also from it. If I can just get this stomach under control, then maybe i can tell which sympton is from what. But gastris was first sympton brought on during peri.

I'm taking the oral progesterone pill 100 mg. and the tetesterone cream was 1/4 ml.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.