Has anyone had sucess with amitriptyline for depression?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, im thinking of switching to amitriptyline from mirtazapine, been on mirtazapine for a year with little effect on mood

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, yes its very good i dont suffer from depressionbut lost my mum a few months ago , and have amitriptyline for back leg pain but its helped me to sleep as well had it in the change as i was so ill it got me back on the road to how i was i find they make me very tired and i only take a half at nit hope this helps you .Linda

• Posted

yes , it really helps

I have been on it for almost 2 years

• Posted

Hello MIKE,

amitriptyline / Elavil is used to treat mental/mood problems such as depression. It may help improve mood and feelings of well-being, relieve anxiety and tension, help you sleep better, and increase your energy level. This medication belongs to a class of medications called tricyclic antidepressants.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.