Has anyone had the Linx Surgery and what are the results like?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 25 and have been suffering with an inflamed oesophagus and a hiatus hernia for 8 years. I've finally been offered the Nissen operation as my acid levels are at 41% on PPIs. Upon doing research I came across the LINX Surgery which is less invasive and the side effects are not as bad (from what I've read). I've managed to convince my doctor to refer to an NHS surgeon at Salford Royal who performs the surgery. As my doctor had never heard of it, it was quite the task 😒 Can anyone who has had this type of surgery, give me some kind of insight on what to expect and what the results are?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Stacey,

I had nissen 15 weeks ago, I had 2cm HH and what the consultant said was pathological reflux and I needed op done, it was done laprascope with 5 little cuts, I was fairly sore for about a month after and my diet was sloppy food little and often.

Now 15 weeks on I can almost eat what I want but child portion size, I lost 1 stone in weight and seems to be staying off which I don't mind. I'm glad I had the op as the consultant said in time the acid could cause me more problems, like barrats, and damage to my lungs and voice box, I didn't want to chance it so opted for the surgery.

Best of luck with your journey whichever way you decide to go nissen or lynx :-)

Margaret

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.