has anyone had these anxiety symptoms before???

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi There im a 20 year old femal and have had health anxiety for many years, just latelt my anxiety has been really bad and im so worried about my symptoms, my symptoms are a numb sensation on my face especially my cheeks, lips tongue and up my nose also my cheeks feel really tight and like there fat/swollen but there not amd mt legs and arms dont seem to work properly like there stiff? I also am dhaking uncontrollably and my limbs jolt by themselves, its making my anxiety worse to the point im nearly crying i feel so restless aswel, are these common symptoms of anxiety?? Please can anyone give me some reassurance nd tell me your anxiety symptoms thanks x

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

This is all anxiety! My face would feel numb and I would feel like my eye would pop out of my face! You're fine. Even today sometimes I feel like I'm paralyzed! I'll be laying down and ill freak out cause I'll feel like I have no feeling of a side of my body. I will literally bend my legs feet toes arms and fingers to make sure I'm okay. It's all anxiety
    • Posted

I also experience jolt and muscle twitches! I've asked my doctor and she let me know these could be normal. Your muscles tense up when you're anxious. When you come down they tend to twitch
  • Posted

Thanks for your comment its nice to no im not the only one and that these sensatuons iam feeling are more than likely just anxiety, i also twitch alot and i forget everything even writing this reply back im fprgetting what to put its so frustrating, im making an appointment tomoro to see the doctor as i cant continue to live like this its ruining my life x
  • Posted

I feel the same way my lips and tongue get numb tingly feeling. I feel spaced out and lightheaded. My head and arms feel like they are shaking on the inside constantly. It makes me miserable. Also I get blurred vision and can't concentrate

• Posted

Thank for your reply i just wondered have you been to see the doctor and been told its all anxiety as i fear that something more serious is causing my symptoms
    • Posted

I have had an MRI and brain wave test blood work and heart monitor. I'm going to go back to my neurologist just to double check but everyone says it's anxiety.

I am going to see a psychiatrist this week. I tried Zoloft and it made me really worse and sick.

• Posted

Hi maisiemarie123, I have experienced the exact same, once while I was driving my hands went numb and tingly along with half my face I had to pull over and calm

Myself down but once I told myself it was anxiety I was fine I was just panicking which made it worse! So don't worry just take deep breaths and try to relax and tell yourself it's just anxiety because I'm

100% sure it is! I also get muscle twitches & it is just normal for people who suffer from

Anxiety to get muscle twitches as we are tense most of the time- it's a vicious circle but there is a way out, just try tell yourself that it's anxiety and once you do it is such a relief and you will feel so much better! If you need anymore help don't be afraid to ask as everyone on here knows what your going through xx

• Posted

Hi Maisie Marie

I also suffer from anxiety and though I don't have all of you symptoms (and you may not have all of mine) I do get the limb jolt thing. It's very odd, like I develop a nervous twitch in my left arm. After a particularly bad episode, the twitch stayed with me for a week!

• Posted

Thabks alot everyone for your replys my head tingles aswel, when i first wake up i dont feel any symptoms but after about an hour i start to feel them again as ny anxuety gets more intense, how do ibget rid of them and do anxiety pills work?
    • Posted

Hi ..

Everyone has said really the same I would say to you , it's just your anxiety that is causing your symtoms ..

The mind is a powerful thing and it can make you believe you have every illness under the sun ..

Medication can help but you might find it can make it worse in the beginning but it usually settles after a few weeks ..but have you tried talking therapy , CBT etc .. As understanding that anxiety is just a thought and it can't harm you ..

I have suffered from anxiety for a while and did overcome it , but due to a virus I have been coping with health anxiety but I know I WILL overcome it again and just over the past few weeks my anxiety has reduced greatly and that is without medication .. I was giving valium in the beginning , just incase I couldn't calm myself down .. But thankfully I havnt taken anything as I know I will get better , and here I am 4 months down the line feeling I am getting there .

If you have good support which I have . Doctors .. Therapists ,.. Friends , family and my fiancé have been amazing ,

So I really hope I have giving you some hope and reassurance , that YOU can become well .. Anxiety free.

I do hope you can get the help .. But if you need any more advice I am happy to help if I can or just reassurance if needed ..

Best wishes .

• Posted

I feel actually the same . I suffer with really bad depression to the point I've had self harming thoughts. I'm suffering the health anxiety. I've have tingling weird creepy feeling in my chin and lip . I've had it 3 months and it's all day every day . I noticed it when I was cleansing my face one morning and applying my foundation . So now every time I touch my right side of my lip and chin I get this horrible sensation . I'm so freaked out . Everyone said it's anxiety and nerves . I get burning gums and tingling tongue . It's horrible. X your not alone hun xxx chin up. Xxx
  • Posted

HI maisiemarie123, 

Didn’t you get any results from this? I’m going through the same thing with cold feelings through out my body. Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.