Has anyone heard of persistent postural perceptual dizziness? I am desperate for answers!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was searching online of vestibular issues and I came across something called persistent postural perceptual dizziness. And it sounds exactly what I feel like, I get a weird motion/dizziness feeling when I'm up, my eyes bother me and I rather lay down because it's not so bad. My eyes can't focus and with lots of movement things get even worse. Light bothers my eyes, my ears ring. I feel horrible and I'm trying to figure out why I don't feel good lately, it's ruining my life. Is been over 3 months and I haven't felt better in months. Anything can help.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I went to an ENT that gave me a VEMP test and one of my ears did not do well. She thinks its the muscles in my neck that isthe issue. Look up SCM muscle issues. It could be your neck goving you problems
    • Posted

Is the VEMP test where they attach wires to the neck and behind the ears and then out wiring in your ear drum?
    • Posted

I was not offered this here in the uk. I will ask my doctor next week about it. Many thanks.
    • Posted

Yes, the vemp is when they hook you up to a machine and attch electrods to your neck and put headphones on and play a sound throgh them. You pick your head up during the sound and I guess it test the muscles in your neck. Easy test, does not hurt at all.
  • Posted

The Vestibular Disorders  Association website  has good  information  on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.