Has anyone heard of Sertraline? I know its an anti depression but has anyone used it?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am feeling very down, depressed in fact suicidal.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My original reply is awaiting approval. But google the Samaritans and maybe talk to someone there.

Best wishes.

• Posted

I started Sertraline 50mg 4yrs ago, I was put on it as I had got a lot of Family problems & am very bad with OCD, I had been on Efexor 175mg, & before that was on Seroxat, About 2yrs for the Efexor with the dosage being increased as needed, the Seroxat did not agree with me @ all I had bad thoughts so I went to my Doctor & was taken off it. The Efexor seamed to stop working as my moods were changing & I was getting scared of myself and scared for my Family as I would lose my temper. I went to see my Doctor for a review & it was decided that I would have a change of Medication, & that is when I started Sertraline 50mg, it took a couple of wks to kick in. Over the Past few yrs I have had a lot going on in my life so my tablets have increased to 150mg, but I find that if I miss a dose I really notice it, so I have to say I like Sertraline very much they work for me, I hope this Helps you & I wish you all the best.. Xx
  • Posted

Thank you for this help blueflowers
  • Posted

Not a problem, anything is worth a try. I just want you to know you are not alone. There are plenty of help lines out there & if you are having Bad thoughts you could ring the crisis team & they could talk to you over the phone or call with you no matter what time, Please keep your chin up & know that Mental Health is nothing to be a shamed of, you just have to remember as I said @ the start you are not Alone. Goodluck & keep blogging it Helps. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.