Has anyone here been prescribed with CHLORPROMAZINE or RISPERIDONE for anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good day guys ...

I have GAD and has been prescribed with small doze of chlorpromazine for 3 months. Has anyone tried this type of medicines? Are they effective? Did it help you in anyway?

Im afraid to take them because they are already anti-psychotic medicines. I have tried lexapro few months back but its still the same thats why he now ask me to try this meds.

Can anybody pls help me with my dilemma.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I take Amisulpride which is an anti-psychotic, for GAD. I take it with Venlafaxine. I was put onto Aripiprazole first but didn't get on with it. I was put on anti-psychotics because I get intrussive thoughts as if they are other people's, I hate you, you digust me, you are worthless, you are a depraved, you are dirty, you are dangerous etc. This is all part of my GAD. The medication has really helped me. Bad anxiety can be helped with anti-psychotics but it is a bit of a chemical sledgehammer. Ask why you have been put on anti-psychotics.

BW, BM.

BW,bm

• Posted

Thanks for replying ... Have you experienced any unpleasant side

Effects ?

• Posted

Hi,

I have lots of side effects but I am not sure what is down to which med. I also take epilepsy medication. I get akathisia from the anti-psychotics. This causes my legs to shake. I am on a low dose because on a higher dose the Akathisia was really bad. The low level Akathisia does not bother me much but it drives my wife mad. I have also put on a lot of weight that I think is down to the anti-psychotics. I have sexual dysfuntion but I am not sure how much can br attributed to the anti-psychotics. Finally, I only got epilepsy after taking anti-psychotics. Anti-psychotics can lower the epilepsy threshold sad

BW, BM.

• Posted

Dont take risperdone if you can help it. I gained 107 pounds in a year. Also i had no real feelings they just sorta went away. Im currently weening myself off both. Not worth the side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.