has anyone here taken 2 tamusulosin (flomax) a day (2 x .4) ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

been on rapaflo a month.. dr doesnt think flow has really improved but maybe leveled off instead of decreasing. he said  with  tamsulosin  i'd be able to  double the dosage and see if that works better for me.

has anyone here taken a double dose (.8 a day)? I really like to know if it helped and how the side effect were, if any.

PS thanks to all in this forum as im learning about seth cath and other  longer term procedures.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes ive taken 8mg, 2 pills a day for about a year. It did help me. No real side effects for me. Took them a bed time.

Jim

• Posted

Jim,

Do you remember if you were  on1 pill first or did you start on 2 pills ? Were you on a different med first.

Are u still in it or did you find a solution?

Thank you

CJ

• Posted

I was on one for a few years and then started with 2 about 6 or 8 months ago. I used to take fenisteride for years also. Had fla twice and now i only take one flowmax. Hoping i will be able to get off the flowmax çompletly.

• Posted

hows the 2d fla going. what happened that you need to take it twice?

• Posted

First fla didnt work much. 2nd fla seems to be doing well most days.
  • Posted

I had stopped tamsulosin for a couple months then restarted one night. My dog needed to go out  few hours after falling asleep, so I got up and walked to the door. Nearly passed out from a drop of blood pressure! So I skip the dose (.4mg) every other day. Now I also split the the capsule and dump out about half the granules. Still don't like needing the medicine, but the Urolift didn't help at all. Methinks this BPH thing isn't always diagnosed correctly--there's more to it than just that. Just saying you can play with the dosage, but don't exceed the script.

• Posted

I have been taking Tamsulosin 2/day for the past 10 months because 1/day was no longer getting the job done. The 2/day has worked great for me with no incremental (from 1/day) or discernable side effects. However, I'm not the least bit comfortable with taking 2/day and if there are two things I've learned about this Prostate/BPH stuff it's that 1) "everyone is different". What works for one may not work for another. And, 2) actual side effects can be stealthy / not obvious. I will undergo a planned REZUM procedure scheduled for mid July with hopes of ridding myself of Tamsulosin completely. Wish me luck and Good luck with your battle. 

• Posted

Thanks Ronk.

What time if the day do you take it and do you take it with food.

Best of luck with the rezum. How did you decide on that procedure .

CJ

• Posted

It seems that there is no Rezum done in Oregon, the closest is in Seattle.
  • Posted

8 AM & 8 PM. I just felt it was the best non major surgical intervention available in my area.   

• Posted

No, I don't think about taking it with food at all. I take the 8:00 AM dose with food because that's around my breakfast time. But, I certainly don't take the 8:00 PM dose with food. With or without food has not been an issue for me. 

• Posted

What was flowmax helping you with? I have retention due to a stretched bladder that ive been trying to rehab with cic and didnt believe that flowmax woukd help. doc said it would relax the muscle which i didnt make sense ti me. I believe Flowmax is for relaxing the prostate.
    • Posted

im about to start cic. how many times a day are you doing?
    • Posted

Every 6 hours seems to wirk for me unless I have a few beers. Trying to stay under that 400 mark that was recommended by JJ. Last one before bed at 10 or so and im good until 6 or 7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.