Has anyone increased to 40mg and found it better

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started on citolopram 10mg for a week,then increased to 20mg for 4 weeks,then increase to 30mg for another 4 weeks.i found I felt no different from starting on 10 to increasing to 30.my doctor gave me 40mg now to start tomorrow,just wondering if anyone felt the increase to 40mg has made any difference

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would like,to know the answer as well. I did notice a difference between 10mg and 20mg but now on 30mg and couldn't tell any difference than 20mg.

• Posted

Hi, First of all I am sorry to hear that you have to take these antidepressents.  I had to go on these some years ago but I dont regret it since it did eventually help over my problem of clinical depression.  Like your self I started on a low dose and  gradually increased on to thw maximum dose of 40mg. and it did the trick. then after a while you will be able to reduce the strength again.  A lot depends on how bad your depression is. Some people only need a lower strength dose to to achieve the desired results where as other suffers need to take the maximium dose before they start feeling better. So I would give this maximum dose a try. It may be that this type of depressent does not work for you and the doctor may prescribe a different one.

​I just hope that you will soon be feeling better. Keep me informed as tm your progress.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply,I am hoping this higher dose is gonna start working,I know it's not going to help over night and it will take a few weeks to start working,I really hope these ones work as I don't want to be changing to all different anti depressants to try and find one that works.is the 40mg the highest dose of citalopram then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.