Has anyone NOT gained weight on sertraline

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am just curious if anyone has been on a high dose for a while and did not gain weight??   Pleeeease offer me hope!

Please let me know dose and die how long you’ve been on and any weight experience.  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking sert since April and am currently at 150 mg. I have not gained any weight and am actually down about 23 lbs from the start of the year (some of that was jump started by pretty bad anxiety in January and February). I have heard of weight gain on this drug but myself and also my mom (who has been taking 50 mg for about 15 years) have not had that side effect.
  • Posted

Gained close to 30 1 yr in..it sucks
    • Posted

i know  alf alf wanted to know if anyone has lost weight but like you i gained and seeing as i have an eating disorder i can not afford to put on weight so i came of the drug, drinking lots of herbal tea to keep me calm, peeing a a lot biggrin
  • Posted

I’ve been on this med since March. I’ve lost about 8 pounds since then. I’m currently on 125mg for about 6 -8 weeks. 
  • Posted

Not gained weight have actually lost weight. Just be careful with ur diet and try excersise you should be fine.  Not everyone gains weight. Give it a try.
  • Posted

I have gained 3 stone in 10 months 😓 I hate it.

• Posted

I have gained 3 stone in 10 months 😓 I hate it.

• Posted

I have only been on the lowest dose 25mg for 9 months and I have gained 10 pounds.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.