Has anyone on here developed Ra due to EBV and Parvovirus?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I believe that I have been dealing with Reactive Arthritis for several years now, but was just recently diagnosed in November 2014. My rhuematologist said that it was due to an Epstein Barr Virus and Parvovirus test that came back positive. My symptoms started out with severe muscle spasms in my neck, that caused me to have vertigo, and I had several steroid injections in my C-spine that did not help. My spine is deteriorating and I have several bulging discs in my C and T spine, along with my lumbar spine, that cause frequent pain. I have had swelling of the knees off and on which would switch from one knee to the other, and almost daily now in my lower back and down the back of my legs. I am tired all of the time and I usually sleep most of the day. I am also vitamin D defficient which I take supplements for everyday. My Rheumatologist put me on meloxicam that I cannot take due to stomach problems. I found out that I have chronic gastritis and stomach ulcers when I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done before I had surgery to take my gallbladder out in February 2014. The colonoscopy was done because of a CT scan that showed I had a case of acute colitis and my gallbladder was taken because it just quit functioning. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced any of these problems and if they could all be due to Reactive Artritis? And if anyone else developed Reactive Artritis due to being rexposed to the Epstein Barr Virus and Parvovirus. I have been in extreme pain lately with this horrible disease and I am just looking for some input to help ease my symptoms. Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey ..are you on any dmards yet ?

• Posted

No the only thing that my rheumatologist had put me on was prednisone for about two months, which did not help, and now meloxicam which really tears up my stomach. I need to make another appointment to see my physician again so I can get this straightened out. Thank you for replying
  • Posted

I have been having some health issues for the last 8 months following a tdap vaccine. They thought it was neurological but all the tests were negative. They found that I previously had parvo virus and I was vitamin d deficient. I have had severe lower back pain, armpit tightness elbow pain, and severe shoulder pain. They have recently sent me to a rheumatologist where all tests for ra have come back negative.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.