has anyone on here got aphakia?(no natural lense)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is there anyone on here with aphakia or any eye docs on here with knowledge,i lost my natural lense due to trauma when i had a corneal transplant due to keratoconus,8 months ago i had a regraft which is going fine,but my vision is very blurry in w dim room i can only see hand movements but my opthamologist assures me with a strong contactclense i will get good vision,is it normal to only see handmovements with no natural lense and a cornea graft? Also im still see reflections off objects is this normal? thanks for any replies

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have blurred vision in one eye even before I had a cataract surgery. Thus I understand what you are saying. I have come across posters on "Reddit" who identified themselves as Ophthalmologists, Ophthalmic Technicians, MDs, Opticians, RNs and Pathologists, etc. Some of them have had lasik and/or lens exchange surgeries. You may want to ask them there. There are MDs at "City-Data" as well; one of them gave me good advice and headups a couple years ago.

Wrt keratoconus, recently I saw a video where an eye-surgeon performed a surgery using two superimposed lenses; one "pinhole" lens and one add-on lens. There are always new technology and new lenses, so don't give up hope.

• Posted

What you are seeing is quite normal. Aphakia (lensless eye) results in humans being able to see UV wavelengths that are invisible to everyone else. Normally, UV light is filtered by the eye's lens before it reaches the photoreceptors in the eye.

I can't post any picture here. But if you want to see the painting that Monet painted with his Aphkia left-eye, I shall msg you the link.

There exists a technique for intraocular lens support in Aphakia without capsular support. Hope your vision will return soon. Take care.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to respond,i would like to see the painting if thats ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.