Has anyone out there a condition known as lumbar spinal stenosis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do you have swelling of the lower limbs? I have pain in those regions, but the swelling is relatively new.

On another note, I am trying magnesium oil for the pain in case I am mag. deficient. Will report on that in a few days.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joan,

Yes,I have had lumbar ss, and a ruptured disc at L4/L5. Curious as to how you discovered you were Mg deficient?  

• Posted

I don't know yet if I am deficient.....it is just that I might be because of the muscle pain in my legs, brain fog, insomnia & other symptoms.

I am waiting for decompression surgery on my spine, so when that is done, the surgeon told me that my pain would be gone & I would walk normally. Hopefully, other things like loss of bladder control will also disappear.

Have you had surgery, & if so, were you back to normal?

• Posted

Joan,

Could you describe the decompression surgery? I'm not familiar with it to to treat stenosis.  I am familiar with non surgical decompression methods, though, and they usually work very well with bulging discs. What imaging for diagnostics has your dr or surgeon ordered and analyzed to show lumbar ss? If you have stenosis, it's possible that you may also have bulging or ruptured lumbar discs, which could cause bladder pain and walking difficulty.

I had an artificial disc replacement in 2009 to replace the ruptured disc, and  I was back to normal with no more pain and complete return to normal movement, flexibility, and strength after 1 year.  It was a long rehab, but I was told ahead of time. 

As far as Mg, there are so many natural sources found in plants. Sometimes with Mg supplements, gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea or loose stools can result. So be careful with that. I prefer plant based sources like leafy greens, nuts, seeds, whole grains, avocados, & bananas, and even low sugar dark chocolate. You'll take in as much Mg as you need from theses sources. If you have muscle pain, sometimes MgO can help, but usually the Mg is sufficient.

Please let me know what diagnostics have already been run. I have been through the spine "mill" before with 8 incompetent doctors before I saw the surgeon in Germany who performed the ADR surgery at the L4/L5 and addressed the root of then problem.  I also had bladder pain caused by interstitial cystitis - all related to the L4/L5  That was corrected with changing my diet

I'll be more than happy to answer any other questions and lend support as I have walked down a path similar to yours.

Holly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.