Has anyone recovered insomnia using Olanzapine?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I got insomnia after 2 days anesthesia due to stomach polyp surgery (endoscopy). I tried several antidepressant without success then olanzapine. I sleep well with olanzapine however after 2 months i got daily tension headaches. I continue taking olanzapine for 1 1/2 years now from 10 mg down to 2.5 mg in 9 months. Sometimes my sleep is coming back without olanzapine but only 1 -2 days.

My Psychiatrist then recommended me to take Olanzapine every other day. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Is it a rebound insomnia? Do i still have the chance to recover?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi it's me again. After trying to come off Olanzapine 2.5 mg last December 2019, it stop working by March 2020. I can longer sleep even increasing the dosage from 2.5 to 5 mg. I usually sleep well with 2.5 mg for almost 2 years now. I wonder what's wrong? Do i develop a tolerance or something was wrong with the tapering procedure?

• Posted

drs had me on olanzipine for insomnia but it never helped. made me a zombie. 1 quatered in and dropped 1/4 every 10 days. no withdrawal. i was on them for about 4 months x good luck ludiviania

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.