Has anyone suffered with lichen sclerosis. I am still having soreness and discomfort it just seems l

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had really had terrible time this vaginal misery had a blip again yesterday and today is anyone suffering with this misery? regards jenny

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi I have linchen planus similar to your condition and I'm in a constant flare steroid make it worse I struggle every day with what to wear but everything is like glass cutting into me I worry because my condition can turn to cancer were as yours probably not but I know its just as troublesome.

• Posted

Hi, I feel your pain. I haven't had a diagnosis confirmed but have been prescribed so many different steroids. Having a biopsy next week. I can be fine for weeks then it flares again. Can no longer wear trousers or even sit for a long time as it's too uncomfortable. It's a rotten thing to suffer but I guess it's not the worst.

• Posted

Hi Applebys/jenny,

I think there are only about 250,000 women on here with something related to LS or other vulvar problems. You're in good company! Coconut oil, Extra virgin olive oil, even emu oil may help. Did you have a biopsy? I did and it wasn't too bad. Healed in 3 weeks. My problem with LS is pain from sitting and hyperkeratosis which can lead to cancer. I am using the clobetasol 2x a week but worry whether that's enough. Docs don;t know what to do so I am doing my own research which the moderator keeps deleting. After 30 years teaching in a health field with a Ph.D, they still delete my posts that might help a lot of people....Maybe they funded by the drug companies. I suggest getting your vit D level checked and your thyroid. And, do you take anti-oxidants?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.