Has anyone take the Harvoni did you have side effects

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone taken Harvoni if yes any side effects

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi I completed a 12 week course mid last year and I deliberately refused to read the side effects pamphlet because I didn't want to encourage myself to have side effects.

I did not have any real side effects except a bit of indigestion occasionally but I suffered with that before I started taking Harvoni anyway. If u do get indigestion do not take meds for it close to the time u take Harvoni. I can't remember exactly how many hours either side u can't take it but it's on the pamphlet.

I am a very sensitive peraon and if there are any side effects to a drug I will get them and I will get the rare effects. If I can take them then I'm sure anyone can take them without side effects. Good luck, they are so worth it. I had liver cancer treatment prior to starting Harvoni and getting rid of that virus was the best thing.

• Posted

Thanks for the info I didn't get my pills yet ! Hope you feel better!

• Posted

Dyna if you get your pills please let me inform how I can get this and how much it costs.
  • Posted

One of my friend taken harvoni for his HepC treatment. Harvoni contains a combination of Sofosbuvir and ledipasvir. It is an anti virus medication that prevents Hepatitis C virus (HCV) and reduce the virus in your body. As he said like dont have any serious side effects. sometimes he felt very tired and headache after he ate harvoni.

• Posted

I got peripheral neuropathy from it
    • Posted

I so sorry to hear u ended up with PN sad I Googled and found quite a number of people who got the same from Harvoni, I just thank my lucky stars I didn't because I'm a smoker. Smoking and diabetes are causes of it too.

• Posted

i should have followed my instinct and never taken it, i was a low gen type but was talked into taking it by the infectious disease doctor who did not tell me there was any side effects. i want to sue gilead but can't find any lawyers to take the case

• Posted

Yes there are a number of people who regret having taken harvoni. I think it is a new treatment and those who can wait should do just that until things get clearer. I had few side effects in treatment, now I have an autoimmune condition developing. 
    • Posted

it came out in 2014 i believe and took it in 2015. I got neuropathy from it and now i an getting all types of medical problems
    • Posted

I would try to get to the bottom of it. Get blood tests done to investigate your symptoms. Neuropathy comes with various conditions
    • Posted

Well done and,  if nothing is found, do not stop digging. Once you know what is going on you can start addressing the problem. I hope you find your answers.
  • Posted

Dyna 99 do you have purchased Harvoni. How much it costs.can you tell me pls.
  • Posted

It's important to remember that everyone's experience with medication can be different, and some people may not experience any side effects at all while taking Harvoni, while others may experience different side effects.

Common side effects of Harvoni include fatigue, headache, nausea, and insomnia. Some people may also experience muscle or joint pain, and some may have a loss of appetite or diarrhea.

In some cases, more serious side effects have been reported, such as severe liver problems, and a small number of patients have reported symptoms of depression or mood changes while taking Harvoni.

It's important to keep in mind that these side effects are not experienced by everyone and your doctor will be able to discuss the potential risks and benefits of taking Harvoni with you. If you are experiencing any side effects or have any concerns about the medication, it's important to talk to your doctor as soon as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.