Has anyone taken Clonazepam .5mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just been prescribed .5mg of Clonazepam  once in morning and night. I have never taken anything for my anxiety but can not cope any longer. Just wondering if anyone has taken it

Appreciate your replies

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have klonopin to take "as needed" same dose. I usually cut it in half and take .25 in the morning and maybe another at night if needed. I try to really only take them sparingly because they are benzos and you can build a tolerance to them. But everyone is different as well. It isn't a fast acting one like Xanax, but does have a long half life
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

So are you saying you take 1.25 in the morning and possibly 1.25 at night sometimes. I have be thinking about doing that. I am so freaked out to start them. I thought if I start tonight to take it a bedtime. Does that make sense? Did you have any reaction to starting them as far a side affects. Appreciate your opinions

• Posted

Means the effects of the drug last longer. If your medication had a long half life it would mean it would be effective for a longer period of time.
    • Posted

.25 is the norm for starting dose.  The initial dose for adults with panic disorder is 0.25 mg bid.
    • Posted

Bid is twice a day haha. I think as needed is safer.
  • Posted

Yes I have and take it as needed. Very calming. I take 1/2 dose of .5mg at a time usually. Let me know how it goes for you.
    • Posted

I started it last night. I took half if a .5mg. Freaks me out to take but I did. Woke up this morning and have not had any jittery or jerking legs. Just hard to believe that one little bit would work so fast.  So thrilled rightnow...just want it to keep up

Thanks for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.