Has anyone taken edoxaban 30mg that can mention any side effects?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey guys

i hope you are well.

you will probably have seen my earlier question about coming off anticoagulants from the extreme heavy side effects. so far iv been on apixaban, pradaxa, rivaroxaban, heparin and warfarin all of which were horrible

as a last resort there is only edoxaban left and i was considering it. have any of you taken it and experienced bad side effects?

thanks for your help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I took it very briefly, I had numbness and tingling sensations, twitching, indigestion and IBS. I had tried rivaroxaban which I had the worst side effects from, then apixaban which the side effects were very bad, I then moved on to tinzaparin injections (which I wasn't allowed to take for too long because they can affect your liver) I had the least side effects from these and wish I had been on these for the whole 6 months. Then I tried edoxaban and I started getting these weird pins and needles feelings in my head, I also got a twitchy eye and mouth and numb patches on my arm, back and leg. I was really afraid of what it could be so I stopped taking them as I had already been on the blood thinners for the minimum time I had to be. Someone else who took them said the numbness and tingling feelings go away after a couple of weeks and it was the the best blood thinner they had tried. Out of the tablets, it was the best one I tried, but I wasn't on it for very long. I am very prone to side effects compared with other people as well so you may not experience what I did.

• Posted

i am afraid i have not tried it but as we spoke before i have had bad experiences on all the others and i am what they are calling a lifer and they want me on warfarin for good after a provoked p.e post surgery. i hate taking this stuff. im sure its affecting me in other ways, i have developed depression and anxiety and i am so sensitive to their medications i cannot use them after many attempts. i am now suffering other complaints. i have been to see a homeopath but cannot see anything coming from that as i still am supposed to take bloody warfarin which i hate. i really wonder if i stopped it would i be worse off. maybe i should just take my chances as this stuff is horrendous.

• Posted

hi Ann

i hope you are sell

i know exactly what u mean and i can assure u its the anticoagulants that cause depression and anxiety amongst other symptoms.

i have decided to take my chances through ginger root for the next month until i see the bloody haematologist to discuss again further options. Hence why im considering edoxaban as its the only one i havent tried yet.

in the meantime since i stopped them its been an amazing difference, all those side effects disappeared and i feel back to normal. only concern and worry is if something were to happen.

please tell me what did your homeopathic dr say about anticoagulant equivalent, did he/she tell u what the best supplement is for people in our situation?

• Posted

let me know how you get on with ginger root. homeopathic dr didnt go into anticoags, said keepusing! Was more concerned with a remedy for anxiety and depression. i have used it two days and feel way worse, it is giving me insomnia worse. i am not sure i will continue

• Posted

Yes I have. I've taken most anticoagulant from Neclexin, Rivoroxiban and Tinzaparin and so far to date, the best one that I have found is the Tinzaparin injection. Not only does the Tinzaparin keep my blood thinner but it helps with my circulation and I had been getting spots with the other medications but the Tinzaparin keeps that all away.

• Posted

The side effects of any and every medication is likely. It depends on health system and dosage levels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.