HAS ANYONE TAKEN HYDRALAZINE FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have very difficult to treat high blood pressure due to allergic reactions to many BP medications.  Out of some seven different BP drugs, Losartan Potassium has been the only one not to produce any discernible side effects.  However, it does not control my high blood pressure on its own.  I have just a sole kidney and Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 3b and at my latest renal consultation today, my blood pressure was the highest ever at 240/110.  Amazingly, my kidney function,eGFR at 44 was the best it has been for a couple of years  (2 months ago 33) and the Creatinine was, as you would expect, with an improved eGFR also lower at 106.   Unfortunately, I did not see my usual renal consultant today but another doctor who has decided to add a blood pressure drug called Hydralazine. I've looked it up and it is described as a strong drug only prescribed when other drugs have failed.  Has anyone taken this drug successfully without side effects, please?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi, I am also itching all over with losartam. Allergy meds dont seem to help. i didnt take it today but still itching. Should the itch stop the same day one stops?

wondering if it could be the omeprazole (for acid stomach)

• Posted

Many years ago I was on Hydralazine and in its day it was a very effective drug. More importantly with BP so high I would hope you have had it fully investigated. Avoid being treated solely bu rotating meds to find the right combination. get your GP to run frequent labs tests on U/E's to see what your sodium and potassium levels are running at. This test of course also includes kidney function. Post numbers if you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.