Has anyone taken longer than 15 weeks to feel better

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all

Just a quick question ?

Has anyone taken longer than 15 weeks to feel better on 20mg of citalapram ?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have been on it around the same time as you, I have started to feel better but I have a way to go yet. Do you feel any better at all?
    • Posted

I feel better than I was 6 months ago but still have anxiety and negative/intrusive thoughts a few weeks ago I had a few good days in a row thought I was their then it all came back frustrating 😬
    • Posted

I have days when I'm fine, then others I can't get out of bed. It will take time, and it's different for everyone. At least you are better than before! Stick with it smile
  • Posted

Hi Don,

From my experience with 10mg of citalopram it took around 2 weeks until I noticed a change. Please let your doctor know your situation. But don't give up. You will feel better. I'll be praying for you.

KirkΒ Β  :-)

• Posted

Don It took me six months on 20mg of cit to feel completely well and there were loads of setbacks.x
    • Posted

Felis thanks

I keep wondering if I sould up dose but I guess I sould stick it out a bit longer πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

Yeah Don try and stick it out at the current dosage. This is such a long process and wellness comes in waves as you have already experienced.Feeling great for a while and then wham back it comes! The regression wil become less and less until after some time you will feel well most of the time and then all of the time.x
    • Posted

Felis thanks for advice πŸ™πŸΏπŸ˜€
    • Posted

Stick it out Don. I am glad I didn't increase and the 20mg is doing its thing eventually. What's another month or two when you have come so far. I really am not far ahead of you and it's taken 4 months for me to feel like this is working. So yes, it may take a little longer for you, so keep going, you are on your way. Lee.
    • Posted

Thanks lee

That's just what I needed πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

Hi Don

I was on 10 mg since mid December and upped to 20 mg 6 weeks ago. I was feeling a lot better sensations only occasionally just general unease and checking in on and off during the day although sleep still restless. But over the last week experiencing a setback sensations returning waking early unable to sleep days are waves of positivity and anxiety. Like you questioning dosage and will I ever get better which I know is not helping but trying to accept and have faith in dosage. Good to read these posts and realise not alone and others have been through it and got there. Please keep posting.

• Posted

Yeah it can take a very long time. Since coming off of all medication I have realised that citalapram certainly doesn't make u happy either it just makes u numb it helps far more with anxiety than feeling unhappy which I guess in turn gets you out the house and back into a normal routine and that helps you forget about being unhappy. You can't just use medication to be happy you have to try harder than it feels physically possible all time every day and battle and Obe day finally you just realise you feel better. There is no quick cure people looking for it just can't except that it won't be over quickly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.