Has anyone tried a vaginal dilator to help with sex? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently purchased one and am wondering if any one has had any success using one too ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't use a dilator but don't have any problems now that I use coconut oil as a lubricant.

• Posted

I use a dilator.  Recommended by my gyno.  At first I did it several times a day to just keep things open.  Over time a big improvement.  Now I do it only twice a week. 

​As a lubricant I use coconut oil.  Intercourse is very well possible again.

• Posted

Hello there,

I was given a dilator by my Dermatologist as Penetrative sex became impossible

with extensive fusing. There is no doubt doubt that it has helped in terms

of stretching the dry and atrophied skin but has not reopened the fusing.

I am using Bicarbonate of soda to address this and also use coconut oil as

a moisturiser and lubricant. Is your issue, tightness with damaged LS skin or

fusing?

• Posted

A bit of both! Small amount of fusing but mostly nerve damage and tightness around the opening. Will definitely try coconut oil though as a lubricant

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.