Has anyone tried acupuncture for ME/CFS?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I saw a massage therapist about a jaw problem on Thursday who also does acupuncture. He did a free massage on my jaw when I first met him before Christmas which helped my jaw but had no other effect on me. I saw him for a proper consultation this week and this time he also did some acupuncture on me to see if it would help my ME. He said some people have a reaction to it and others don't. Afterwards I felt like I had a surge of energy, then felt very drowsy and sick the rest of the day. I had the best nights sleep I've had for ages and when I woke up the next day I actually felt refreshed after sleeping!!! Normally I feel pinned to the bed when I wake up like someone has poured a bag of cement over me. I had a really good day and managed to do double what I'd normally do in a day. I expected the crash to happen yesterday but I still had more energy and today I still have some left. Having so much energy is unheard of for me 3 days in a row. It must be the effect of the acupuncture as I haven't done anything else different. Before I saw the therapist I was in a relapse after doing too much over Christmas and felt dreadful.

Has anyone else ever tried acupuncture and, if so, how long did the effects last? I'm not being silly thinking I've found a miracle cure but am making the most of the energy while I've got it!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

btw the turnip and onion was advised to help me fight off the virus.

TODAY's challenge was to take a bath. exhausting but i did it.

feeling human again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.