Has anyone tried Acupuncture for Sjogerns

Posted , 2 users are following.

some studies seem to show that acupuncture can have a positive effect in dry eyes and mouth. does anyone have any experience on this? ive only just been diagnosed and exploring all avenues.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Mel91114,

I was recently diagnosed with both Sjogrens and RA. I decided to go for acupunture sessions , mainly because of my dry mouth. I have had 3 acupuncture sessions so far but no improvement regarding the dryness; maybe some people respond better to acupuncture than others. I'm going to give it another 3 gos before stopping as you are to try a course of 6 to see results. I have also read articles that say it is helpful for Sjogrens.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.