Has anyone tried BioMag

Posted , 3 users are following.

Morning all

My sister runs a hair salon and also has lots of cancer and alopecia patients referred to her for hair loss. Anyway she has this new machine called biomag and it works by magnetic pulse, and it also has a setting for TN. you have to use it 2-3 times per day for up to ten weeks so its not possible for me to sit all day in her salon trialling it. Has anyone used it for our condition and if so what were the results? Im happy to invest in a machine if it actually helps!

Many thanks

paula x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have never heard of this or any other type of machine that can resolve TN pain ,but I would like to know more details about this machine. Could you please give more details as to the exact model number, name and maybe picture of the machine . Thanks.

• Posted

if you google magnetic-therapy-biomag you should find it .

Application of magnetic therapy in trigeminal nerve pain

Daily application programs are used repeatedly at a range of 2-6 Hz to reduce trigeminal nerve acute pain, while in the recovery period, this treatment can be alternated with programs using a range of 50-81 Hz. A small elliptical and solenoid-type applicator is suitable.

Hope this helps!

paula x

• Posted

Thanks, I was able to locate a reseller and get more info on this device!

• Posted

I was wondering if this is the same thing I saw them selling at the Fair a few years ago.

I had them use this thing on me and thought about buying it.

They were teaching people to use it on your shoulders and said also that you absolutely can't use it on your head.This scared me enough that I did not buy it.

• Posted

I inquired about this device. The reseller called me. There are 2 models. A smaller model that can be used for shoulder, neck, elbow, knee etc and a larger more commercial application model that is used for the spine. The price on the larger model was approx $ 3000 .

IMO , this would not work on TN pain if the patients TN is due to a compression of the TN nerve before it starts to branch out at the base of the brain. The problem is mechanical and only surgery can fix it by actually relieving the compression. Any stimulation device like this one EMS or acupuncture will only work on the target area of the pain. With TN, those areas are different parts of the face for everyone, but that is only where the pain signals are felt, they originate at the site of compression around the brain stem, much before the face. Also, I would NEVER buy any EMS or medical device to use on myself at a Fair!

• Posted

Thanks for the comments and advice . Ive been sent lots of information on this product by the manufacturer and i am still unsure what to think. Might be too good to be true .

Hope you all have a good day

paula xx

• Posted

This item was not presented to me as an EMS medical device, it was presented to me as something anyone could use for sore muscles, and yet it was different from most.It's been a few years ago, and I don't honestly remember what it was.

• Posted

This item was not presented to me as an EMS medical device, it was presented to me as something anyone could use for sore muscles, and yet it was different from most.It's been a few years ago, and I don't honestly remember what it was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.