Has anyone tried castor oil?

Posted , 7 users are following.

if so, how was your experience? i bought a bottle yesterday after reading up on its benefits for hair. after losing 65 lbs on the keto diet the stress has taken its toll on my hair and it had started to shed so castor oil seems to help encourage new hair growth faster than it would normally take. however I am intrigued by the other skin benefits i am reading about and thinking if nothing else it would possibly be a good moisturizer our condition. it is full of vitamin e and omega 9's. let me know if you have used it. thanks.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, yes I have been using castor oil for ages down below, it it one of three different oils that I use and rotate, Argan oil is another and Emu oil also.

For your hair problem I would suggest Biotin capsules which I had to take when I started losing some hair through having Lupus.

• Posted

Did the Biotin stop the itch or the hair loss? I'm taking a lot of supplements now (too many!) but not that one. Am taking kyolic aged garlic though and it is not affecting the head itch at all, though it is supposed to be effective for yeast. Am also drinking less wine and eating less bread as I'm trying to eat less gluten. It's a struggle.

• Posted

I stick with coconut oil. Really soothing.

• Posted

I bought a bottle cuz some patients with severe dry eyes say to use it for eyes and lid moisturizer but then i read the bottle and it says "avoid contact with eyes" so...? I will try it on my scalp as I have pretty severe itching going on there and all dermatologist said was there is yeast...like why would i have a yeast infection on my head? I don't consume that much sugar 😦 Is anyone using it for their genitals? I have to do clobetasol 3x a week cuz apparently mine is super aggressive and angry. I'm so irritated and sensitive I was hoping to find something to nourish my poor skin. What a disaster zone 😦

• Posted

I would defintely not put castor oil on my eyes! I have had an itchy scalp my whole adult life. Have to wash my head just about daily. Twenty years ago I had gone to a women's clinic in Maine that used more holistic treatments. I was prescribed Nystatin, because the practitioner thought I may have candida (though I did not test positive for yeast). I lost the head itch very quickly, but unfortunately it returned. I did read long ago that persistent dandruff is a form of yeast.

BTW I have a friend that had a severe dry eye problem which he said he cured by drinking a LOT of water and he continues to do so. My eyes are also getting dry, but I think it's more from allergies. I sometimes use antihistamine eyedrops and they are very effective. Ever try them? I alternate them with lubricating drops, but those are really not very helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.