Has anyone tried?e to wieen off of 10 yr of tramadol.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Need advice. This is my last resort some of the pain medication gone and I’m tired of watching people all the time. I’m been researching Kratom and what I seen it may help???

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I have found a way to rid myself of Tramadol and all other toxic narcotics. After suffering terrible side effects from Tramadol and all other mainstream narcotics I thought my life was over as I was crippled by a knee injury and unknown neuropathic pain which left me unable to function. 

My stomach refused any narcotics but now my life is slowly recovering enough I will be able to return to work. Still unknown cause to pain may be Lyme Disease

Cannabis Oil has literally saved my life! 

Cannabis OIl can in cookie form manage any withdrawal. I use CBD Oil which heals and has no high just relief but I would add it is accumulative in other words it does not kill pain that minute unless you take high doses which will likely make you drowsy.

I never used anything or smoked anything in my life until I almost lost hope. Kratom has mixed reviews but everyone is unique. I really do recommend Medical Cannabis.   

• Posted

Hi there! It was exactly a year ago when I decided to go off Tramadol almost cold turkey. I went from taking 6-8/50mg pills to taking 1 1/2 pills & went thru horrible w/d’s. I did it with 60 pills left. I was mentally ready to stop but not physically. It was the worse experience of my life. Again, that was a year ago & I am now Tramadol free. I do still take them but only during my worse bouts of pain; about once a week. You can do a look up on me from when I was using this site to get thru my w/d’s. I also learned about Kratom when I was going thru w/d’s but never used it until recently. It’s a great alternative to pain/anxiety meds. It has helped many, many people thru w/d’s of many different kinds of meds. You can join the Kratom support group on Facebook & there are people there with tons of info. It’s called “Kratom Support Group (the original).” It can’t hurt to give it a try. However, when I went off the Tramadol I didn’t want to use anything to help me thru the w/d’s. I just wanted to purge everything out of my system. And I sure did. It took 4 weeks of hell to get thru it but I stayed strong & never touched my Tramadol stash. It took me 10 months to finally try Kratom. I’m glad I didn’t try it back then but I’m also glad I finally gave it a try. I’ve had chronic knee pain since 2010 due to a botched knee surgery. I’ve had several surgeries on that same knee & ended up having a total knee replacement at the age of 42. I am now 47 & am getting ready to have a total knee revision on that same knee. I work in the medical field & am on my feet 12 hours a day. The Kratom helps tremendously with the pain & makes it easier to get thru the day. It can’t hurt to give it a try; however, I highly suggest you join that FB group. The people in that group are wonderful. They also have a list of vetted vendors where you can buy Kratom. These Kratom vendors have to lab test their Kratom before selling it, so I would also highly suggest only buying from those groups. Please let me know how it goes. Sorry you’re going thru this. This forum is also a huge help. Stay strong! You can do it. I did it.

• Posted

Hey I’ve done cold turkey a few times and that’s is horrible. I had anxiety attack that lasted over 3 days no sleep I don’t want to go thru that ever again. That’s why I was looking into Kratom. I take 2-50mg tramadol each day but it’s not enough for the pain so I end up taking more and either I run out or I’ve had some get missing. So now I’ve got to look into other things that can use until I get my medicine refilled

• Posted

I’m all for using it. I use it for daily for chronic pain. The thing to remember with Kratom  is “less is more.” Again, I highly suggest you join the support group on FB I previously mentioned so you can read about other people’s testimonies about how some got off of the harshest drugs because of Kratom.

• Posted

I joined the Kratom group and there is so much stuff out there I have no clue where to start and read stories that it hasn’t help some people and some people love it I hope it helps but I ordered a sample pack so it comes tomm or Thur and we shall see I’ll let you know. One thing I’m still trying to taper off but would you suggest taking Kratom in the am and wait to see how I fill and if I’m hurting or start to fill yucky to try taking tram or stop taking the Med and just do Kratom 

• Posted

Definitely don’t mix the 2 together. Keep reading in the group & ask as many questions as you want. It’s the most supportive group I’ve been in. There are many people in the group who have successfully quit pain meds/street meds using Kratom. Don’t be afraid to ask. Also, if you feel like Kratom isn’t for you once you try it then it’s your option to not use it. My biggest advice to us is that if you really want to stop using Tramadol it has to be your decision & your decision only. You have to really want it, even if you don’t have a choice. You have to mentally gear up for it.  It’s not easy to quit it cold turkey, I know. It’s how I quit. In retrospect, I’m glad I went the cold turkey route. I’m pretty sure that’s the only way that would have worked for me at the time.  I didn’t use Kratom to get off Tramadol so I can’t speak from experience that way but many have used it to quit different kinds. Good luck! Keep writing if you need anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.