Has anyone tried Humira to treat HS?

Posted , 19 users are following.

I'm in stage three of HS and my dermatologist has suggested Humira.  We've tried A LOT of other things already like diet and antibiotics but I have had no success.  From what I've read, it's a new treatment for HS.   Has anyone tried this yet?  Humira is used for other autoimmune disorders like Crohns Disease.   The side effects seem pretty harsh but at this point I'm pretty much willing to try anything. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey peeps, i m totally glad that i can open up with my HS with pimples or what they call it under my arm with you because i think that you can totally understand what i say and how i feel. I m diagnosed with stage 2 HS for 4 years till now and i had a 1 year total remission in between, it came worse this time cause it used to appear in only one arm now came in both, i used numerous kinds of antibiotics for months and months with no remission , i also did laser treatment under my arm but it always came back. My doctor suggested Humera 3 weeks ago and i really did start it and have been since on these injections, my right arm has 90% been treated and my left is 50% cause it was worse in first place. I think it is a really good option for recurrent cases. YOU MUST GIVE IT A SHOT! Now i would desperately like to ask you 2 questions, first for people who are in complete remission now, for how long will i take it as i live in Egypt and this drug is so expensive in here, i scare i can't afford it for too long; second have you had any common SEs on you like these serious SEs i read about or is it safe on long term. I really hope you read this and answer me and thank you so much.

• Posted

I have been researching information on hydrodenitus supprativa for my husband who had a chronic condition with huge boils under his armpit and buttocks for almost 20 years...it more recently was in his armpits though and he would have huge boils twice a month he would have to get drained. I had him try everything I found online from diet, soap changes etc....nothing worked. It got so bad that a doctor was going to skin graph his armpits. I found online something about humira possibly working on HS and convinced the doctor to let him try it. He was on the drug for 6 months and then stopped the humira. He has not had 1 boil since then. ...I hate to say hes cured but it's been really promising.....thought I would pass this along since I may be able to help others with this skin condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.