Has anyone tried liquid citalopram?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

As I am withdrawing from citalopram if has been suggested to me that I try liquid citalopram for a more accurate dose. Has anyone tried this with success? Just wondering whether there has been any reactions to it such as there sometimes is in changing brands in tablet form. Another suggestion has been the use of a digital tablet scale, anyone tried this? Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I'm interested in this too as having only dropped 2.5mg and suffered withdrawal effects it looks like I'm going to need small/accurate doses. (also walloped by a brand change so looks like I'm sensitive to even small differences)

Edit: For anyone interested in a possible explanation as to why it gets harder to taper at lower doses this might be of interest:

https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.161.5.826

This graph sums it up, notice the 'cliff edge' drop-off in SERT occupancy as you get into the lower doses:

• Posted

Hi Charlie T

I'm sensitive to meds too that's why it would be good to hear other peoples experiences on the liquid dose. I have read somewhere that the switch from tablet to liquid could be the same as switching tablet brands, I know this doesn't affect everybody but it does me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.