Has anyone tried Olbus Oil

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer with fibromyalgia pain lower body and especially my legs. This weekend , in desperation I tried the cold remedy, olbus oil. I have known for a long time that this product is used by sportsmen for injuries, and I was in so much pain I was ready to try anything. So out came the large bottle of olbus oil, and I asked my husband to rub it onto my legs back and front ,just before getting into bed. It was brilliant, not only were mine and my husband nasal passages as clear as a bell, it relieved my pain and I was able to sleep. I cant promise that everyone will benefit from this, and I cant explain the way it worked but its a cheap possibility. The problem is I cant do it in day time and smell like that. Let me know if anyone else has tried this very unlikely pain releif' cry

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Who cares what you smell like if it works it works get it on there, I am gonna try that out for myself, thanks for the tip much appreciated.
  • Posted

Hi, are you still using olibus oil and is it still working? I have had been diagnosed with fm now for 11 years and have tried everything. Gabapentin, pregabalin, amitryptaline. I cant take anything with codeine in it due to a previous stomack op. Even tried nytol for sleep. I have been in pain for so long cant remember a day without it. I know the cold weather has come around again and is not helping. My legs start kicking out of their own accord round about 6pm and go on like this all night so sleep for me at the moment is an illusion. Any other remedies u find please let me know.
  • Posted

I have gave up on the olbus oil, wife keeps complaining she finds it difficult to sleep with the room stinking of it lol. What I have tried is sound therapy and is slowly working for me, I no longer need any medication and my confidence is starting to get better all in the space of three months.just google Elaine Thompson sound therapy, this works and up to now money well spent.

Peace and light James

• Posted

I have restless leg syndrome along with my fibro, I have been prescribed clonazepam, which helps the pain and burning, and that deep ache as if I have been sat on my legs and the blood is returning after being so numb. It also has the added advantage of helping me to sleep.
  • Posted

Thanks for that. I am at docs next monday so will ask. Sat here yet again in agony and as I have walked a fair distance today it has made it worse.
  • Posted

While you are at the doctors ask if you can have nefopam(acupan) Google it see if you would like to try it, I also take 2 paracetamol with it 4 x a day, nefopam 3 times a day, it really helps my pain, nefopam is a pain killer, hope your pain eases soon, but the past week has been bad for me, been pacing myself with jobs, 10 mins ironing then 30 minutes rest, also I drink camomile tea all day, at fibro clinic I was advised to walk for 5 minutes each day, when I could do that without pain and feeling tired when I returned home, to increase the time walking by 5% . It sounds to me that you have walked to much. The same happened to me I only went to 2 shops with my daughter to buy underwear and shoes for her wedding in January, both were bought almost straight away and it took me off my feet that was Tuesday last week, took until Monday to start to do small jobs. You have my deepest sympathy for the pain you are feeling, hope what I have written helps you. Just a thought do you have low back ache because I do and I had a scan to find I have bulging discs and an annular tear with arthritis, thankfully no trapped nerves although I do suffer with sciatica, ( I hit a telegraph pole at 60 miles an hour, my rear tyre blew as I was going round a small bend on a dual carriage way, but thankfully I'm still here to tell the story)
  • Posted

That is very interesting! I think I will try it! I know what the constant pain is like so who cares about the smell!! Carry on and tell us if it works for you long term.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.