has anyone tried physical theraphy for the stiffness after a gout attack?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello, just want to ask have anyone tried physical theraphy for the stiffness? my right feet is still stiff and has a little pain when i am walking. not like before i had my last atk still quite limping. and my doctor sudgested physical theraphy for 2 weeks 3 sessions per week. i am now undergoing uric acid lowering drug. and some nsaids whenever there is a upcoming atk

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Best treatment for Gout ,apart from not getting it ,,,, is Bromelain and cherry effect .moves it and if you have some to hand ,as soon as you feel a twinge ,,start taking the tabs. If it's only your foot ,you can massage it yourself, but walking will bring it back to life. 

• Posted

hi jacqueline yup iam moving it but whenever i do for a long time i get pain and during the night it swells a little bit buy not painfull enough to be called a flare. and in the morning the pain is gone have u ever tried this?
    • Posted

Tried what ?? do you mean the products  I told you about .? YES, I keep some at home all the time. I never have a severe attack any more. You know as well as I now do ,when,it's going to happen ,,an I start the tabs one of each three times a day, so the damned thing doesn't have a chance to get started . I ended up on crutches with my first attack ..thought I had broken my toe,  Do you know what sets yours off,? It's probably something you eat ,,, Mushrooms sets mine off. 

• Posted

thanks i think crash diet as all my 4 attacks since it began 1 and a half year ago is when i try to reduce my foods
    • Posted

Yo -yo eating does no good at all. Just eat little and often ,and chew everything well,  You need a new way of eating. and stick to it ,so your internals are happy. cheesygrin
    • Posted

She is absolutely right. High GDU bromelain is most effective swelling and pain relief for gout, and its available without a prescription.
    • Posted

Thank you Andrew ,, at last somebody believes what I say, and see what happens ,,,,you will never suffer from gout again ,,as long as you recognise the starter,and have the Bromelain,and Cherry effect  on hand.  . No more hobbling..smile   
    • Posted

Think you have been looking in the wrong shop.It does exist ..BIG TIME..Hope it has a good EFFECT on you ..
  • Posted

Through my own experiances is any stress or trauma to the effected area will only flare it up again. I would wait until its cleared up completely before trying any kind of exercise to the area, but i wolud say in the meantime keep yourself properly hydrated, 2-3 litres of water a day, you will be surprised how much that works. I know that drinking that much is hard to do, and frequent visits to the toilet, but after 14 days you can tone it down a bit, like 1 and a half litres a day. It does work as it flushes you out and speeds up recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.