Has anyone tried Tacrolimus ointment?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had pruritus ani for 5 horrible years. Itchy butt has become part of my lifestyle. Its unreal that my little butthole can cause me so much misery. I was prescribed Tacrolimus a few days ago. it hasn't helped at all and makes my rectum burn/itch way worse. I am told by my dermatologist that its normal to burn/itch the first week or two and then it gets better but I am suffering! to make things worse this stupid ointment cost $50 usd! Way too much! Has anyone else used this for pruritus ani?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am with you on your horrible days and nights. I have had this condition for some ten years now. Over the first five years it was just unbearable...to the point of modifying my lifestyle, social events, family and work. All of these years I tried everything but none worked until one day five years ago or so on this same forum somebody suggested I try baby wipes instead of toilet paper. That did it for me. I continue to have an itchy butt many times a day...I can say perhaps five episodes....I can stand two or even three of them but one or two of these I got to go to scratch again...and again. While these did not stop my hemorrhoids I can tell my itchy butt improved over the last five years. Now I keep using the baby wipes and have never went back to these toilet paper days. Regards and happy 2019.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.