Has anyone tried the Paleo Antinflammatory diet ?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have Poly and Fibro as well so  I just looked on their forum and saw they were discussing diet. Sounds like it would be appropriate for Ploy sufferers - has anyone tried it ? 

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for your answers and ideas. We have purchased a Nutra Ninja (one of those high powered fruit juicers). It is worth its weight in Gold at the moment as I am getting more fruit and raw vegetables, with little preparation !. Not so much energy required.
    • Posted

Very likely - but be careful as juicing releases the sugars in the foods from the cells and you lose all the benefits of the fibre in the food. Your blood sugar will rise much faster as a result. Eating that apple whole is far better for you than juicing it. Raw is also not always good - cooking allows the human body to absorb some of the nutrients which aren't available in the raw form.
    • Posted

There was an interesting programme on TV not so long ago saying juicers were not so good because of the mashing up process. They also mentioned that frozen veg and fruits usually had more nutrients than the fresh veg and fruits in your fridge. It saves money too, no more manky veg lying around.
    • Posted

And frozen veg is ready to use - no chopping for poorly PMR hands!
    • Posted

I think every person diagnosed with GCA and/or PMR should get a sous chef free of charge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.