Has anyone tried this and does it work I'm already confused

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I have been on 15 mg zopiclone for 18 years and have been to see a shrink he has said my doctor needs to cut me down every 4 weeks of zopiclone and then prescribed this new drug called pregabalin has anyone ever heard of this before and does it work

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes!

This drug is not what I would personally recommend. It is a derivative of gabapentin which is used for seizures! Will send you a a link to a good reliable website that can advise you. Please do not switch to pregabalin. Look at the website, email your history through to them and wait for their advice.

• Posted

What is the name of the website and I don't understand why the shrink has just fobbed me of with them and he don't want to see me anymore not even how I'm getting on
    • Posted

Hi Kelly and everyone else with Zopiclone, diazepam, pregabalin/lyrica  and any other tranquilliser ! 

These are are the experts in my opinion. I for one would not recommend anyone if they had not proved themselves to be right . They have 

please go to this website for information and support. http://bataid.org/

• Posted

Pregabapentin is a very good drug for pain and does tend to relax you.

What country are you in? X

• Posted

You are on a very high dose of zopiclone.

The max is 7.5mg

Why are you on 15mg?

• Posted

Pregabalin is only prescribed on a private prescription for anxiety and also causes you to put on weight.

ask the doctor about The Ashton method  which is cutting down using diazepam.also mirtazapine helps which is an anti depressant. Take before bedtime and it helps with sleeping.

i went cold turkey which is not advisable  but it worked for me although the first 4 weeks were hell. Bad dreams and not much sleep but now I am Zopiclone free. Hooray. Good Luck. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.