Has anyone tried Trazodone for depression & anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has tried Trazodone & what kind of results they had good or bad or just any info on this drug would be very much appreciated.

Butterfly

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Been taking them for 6 nights now and ive started to get symptoms 4 days into taking them, im on 100mg and ive had a lost of appetite that has increasingly gotton worst, now in stomach pain and sickness (which is one of my fears since I use to have a bad case of gastritis which pops up every now and again but usually for a reason) hope you take well to them, ive only found mertazipine to be good for me and I dont have effect from them anymore
  • Posted

Hello,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry your not having a good time on them. Have you told the gp of this, i think you best. 

These didn't agree with me at all i took them for 2 weeks & suddenly 6 days ago got terrible chest pains so stopped them as i was so scared.

How was the mirtazapine for you. I might give them a try as the gp has mentioned these. I was worried of the weight gain & drowsiness.

Butterfly x

• Posted

Im going to its just it wasnt as much of a problem till Friday night and over the weekend, just find it strange its taken nearly a week before side effect to pop up, usually it happens within a few days.

Damn thats horrible glad you stopping dont want pains to get worst.

When I was having stomach problems.I lost a lot of weight but I was always skinny like size 6-8 so when I gained weight and got an appetite it was awesome since I didnt feel like that for years, obvs the higher doseage I went the more I put on so 15 I was about 10 then 30 I was 12-14 and same with 45, I didnt feel drowsiness at all, had no bad side effects, they helped me sleep if I took them before midnight but nothing bad in the morning. 

I guess an option for the weight gain is work out a little but with me on the lower doseage I didnt put much weight on, but 30 I increased weight quickly so if weight would be an.issue only sick with the low dosage for a week or two to see how you go but I wouldnt recommend higher if you dont want to see dress sizes skip by

• Posted

Hello,

How did you get on at the doctors? Hope your feeling better.

So it's true that the mirtazapine is a weight gainer. Everyone says the same. I see my gp tomorrow so i will see what they say. If it makes me better & i gain some weight well i would rather that than be ill all the time.

I will let you know how i get on.

Take care

Butterfly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.