Has anyone (UK resident) sucessfully come of Mirtazapine ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been taking this for 4 weeks & want to stop due to hearing bad reports...does anyone have any good reports?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to say  but no one I have seen on this forum has anything good to say, especially getting off it
  • Posted

I’m currently coming off of it because it didn’t help my anxiety. It worked wonders for my depression though! I was on it for three months, tapered off by 50%, and I only felt really sick and depressed for one day. However I have had increased anxiety, temperature changes, and weird brain fog/head sensations and head pressure, nausea. Nothing too bad except  increased anxiety. I think you’ll be fine coming off of it 
    • Posted

Hi Shelby. Thanks for your reply.. I am having really bad palpatations on it & also burning legs & sore ears..All put down to anxiety..this is why i want off....Do not think it agrees with me at all.

• Posted

Hi, I was on mirtazapine 15 mg for over 6 months and it worked for me. I managed to come off it ok too as I felt better. I was on it has I lost both parents in a short time. I could not eat, sleep, function. I wanted to die seriously but this med saved me. Remember everyone reacts differently to this med. One cap does not fit all. If it's helping you take it. It helps you get your head together and think straight. No tablet can fix depression and anxiety. It just covers over the cracks and helps your mind heal . It helps calm you down. Don't read the bad reports, there are plenty of positive posts out there. If you Google paracetamol, asprin, there will be negative reports , side affects etc but millions take these meds with no ill affects. So please don't rush coming off it if it's helping you.

• Posted

Thanks but i am having increased heart rate with it....at 4 weeks
    • Posted

Thanks Tempest but it does not seem to agree with me... I have not slept well on 15mg & have had bad side effects have only been on a month..but everyone is different.

• Posted

I came off it perfectly after 12 years on 15mg, not hard at all just don’t listen to the horror stories 
    • Posted

Hello .. can i ask you if you had bad time when you first started taking it? & did Dr taper you off slowly?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.