Has anyone used Abreva cream successfully on genital herpes blisters?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been using Abreva cream (which is marketed to treat HSV1 or cold sores) on my HSV2 blemishes. It seems like they take about a week to heal. I'm also taking L-Lysine 500 mg tablets three times a day. Has anyone had any experience with Abreva? Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,   I have had great relief eating pineapple everyday.    It has done wonders for me.   I have about a large slice everyday.

and if i feel an outbreak coming on I double my intake.

I used to get back to back outbreaks but not any more, I believe due to eating Pineapple every day.   The very Occasional outbreak i have got doesnt last long at all and its no where near as bad as I used to get them.

Good luck

• Posted

I would love to know how you go with it.

Please keep me informed. 

It truly has been a huge relief for me.  Like I said I used to get one out break after another.

All the best 

• Posted

Hello, I know this thread has a bit of age on it lol, but i was curious to know if the pineapple still helps you?

• Posted

Yes! I am trying it right now and honestly I started using it last night on my genital sores and I already see a major difference! Abreva does wonders!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.