Has anyone used cabbage juice for Gastritis? Any succes?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys. Hope youre well (",)

Im getting so desperate with my gastritis pains and reflux and everything else thats going on. Im currently on 20mg omeprazole.

Ive tried allsorts... Now silly me went out and bought  juicer in desperation as ive read cabbage juice can help cure.... I was just wondering how many people have tried? How much are you supposed to drink? As i cant find anything exact as im worried about the effect on thyroid. Many Thanks xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with gastritis in January.  I am doing well but have to be careful with what I eat.  I avoid acidic foods and eat mainly alkaline foods.  I eat small frequent meals to avoid gas and indigestion. 

I have not tried cabbage juice, but whenever I drink water, I add lemon juice which turns alkaline in the body. So do grapefruits. 

You can find a list of foods online for acidity vs alkaline.  

I listen to meditations for anxiety and exercise daily to build up immune system and lower stress which worsens gastritis. 

Feel better! 😁??

• Posted

It's a well known naturopathic remedy because it has a lot of glutamine which you can also find in supplement form if the cabbage juice gets tiresome.  Other supplements for gastritis are DGL [Licorice root], Ginger, and Flavonoids.  Oddly, melatonin is supposed to help a lot with reflux, but I'm not sure how much you should take.  I take it to help me sleep but if I take more than 500mcg it makes me too groggy the next day.  I assume you've already been tested for H pylori [gastritis/ulcer bacteria] and that came up negative?

• Posted

im on omeprazole as i have got reflux problems but peppermint flavour tea will help and omeprazole will have no affect with your thyroid problem as i have thyroid problems to help you to relax is to take a soothing bath and nice hot drink and everything should settle down then
  • Posted

Hi Kay

Never tried cabbage juice, but I went on an alkaline diet for 2 weeks and for the first time in years, I went 2 weeks without PPI’s. I felt fantastic, just couldn’t stick to it 😕. I made alkaline fruit smoothies and veg smoothies. I used organic barley grass in them as this is highly alkaline. I would eat veg stir fry’s and finish up with chamomile or liquorice herb. I lost weight, and felt fantastic. Just struggling to back on it as I don’t have much will power these days. I have chronic gastritis, had it for a few years. Daily heartburn/acid reflux/indegestion. Can’t get by without PPI’s unless I go in an alkaline diet. But it definitely works, but means massive changes in your eating habits. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.