Has Anyone used Homeopathy?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, i have suffered with TN for over 2 years now. I have been taking eslicarbazepine acetate, however my neurologist would like me to stop taking this. Therefore we have tried 3 attempts of Nerve Block injections which seem to only work for upto 2 weeks. He has mentioned an alternative medication but due to the side affects i am reluctant to take them, plus i really dont like taking medication.

Has anyone used Homeopathy and found this to be successful? or any other alternative medicine approach.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all, further update. Acupuncture still going really well. I have now come off eslicarbazepine completely for one week. I am getting odd sting sessions in my cheek mostly when out in cold but can definitely live with. My acupuncturist is going to see me again tomorrow for further treatment and all going well I should be able to reduce to treatment to just once a month.

I am due to have an update with my neurologist next month, so by then I will know how well the acupuncture is working, will be interesting to see what he thinks😀

My acupuncturist is brilliant, very honest never said he would cure me said from the beginning that doesn't always work for everyone and he hopes to reduce my pain so I could be on milder medication, so he is also thrilled with the response to this treatment I have had.

Thanks all for sharing your experience and I will update again next month x

• Posted

Hi Janet,

I have been following your discussion and I am so glad things are improving for you and you have been off the eslicarbazapine for one week. I hope the acupuncture continues to work well for you. Well done for posting all your information. It Helps.

After losing 2 large molers through suspected tooth ache at first I was prescribed 1800mg of gabapentin each day and 800mg of carbamazepine each day. I am still in pain and wander around like a zombie a lot of the time trying to hold my job down. I also take medication for ulcerated colitis too so I feel semi done at both ends although I have some periods of remission from the TN and the UC doesn't affect me much, just the pills. The TGN currently seems to be affecting a couple of teeth which are unbearable to touch or when they come together and I get the stabbing jaw issue when I eat on the left side. I have no 'relationship' with a neurologist and seem to be prescribed more painkillers each visit to my GP. I reckon at the next visit he will want to increase the carbamazepine by 200mg a day so as you can imagine quality of life is not great.

I was wondering if anyone out there knows the rough cost for a private consultation with a neurologist as when my local GP sent me for a CT Scan and a 'two minute NHS discussion' with a neurologist he simply said there was no sign of a problem evident on the scan and packed me back of to the GP where I get more pills.

I would be interested to find out if anyone out there is on a high level of pills or whether what I am on is common place.

Anyway, must dash, work to do.

Everyone in pain, keep your spirits up as best you can and keep posting.

• Posted

Thank you Duncan,

I am really sorry to hear how you are suffering. I too was told by my neurologist that there was no sign of the cause on the scan.

I hope you do find a treatment which helps you as this is a terrible condition.

Janet

• Posted

Thanks Janet.

I am going to see another neurologist in the private sector next Monday so I will keep you all posted on the advice given. I am very keen to reduce my medication too so we'll see how it goes.

All the best to everyone for now.

Keep posting too as it helps to know you're not the only one out there.

• Posted

Hi everyone, I tried homeopathy for over a year, it worked until 4 weeks ago and then pain like I had never had before. I believed that once your pain subsided, you should stop taking your homeopathic pills. I was going every two weeks at £35 a visit. I often suggested leaving it longer between visits but the guy was having none of it. Most people I know visit once a month. I have now resorted to pharmaceutical meds in desperation.
  • Posted

TN is the most painful condition known to medicine, caused by nerve damage. Homeopathy is generally useless for anything. I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but you're not getting rid of this pain with herbs and acupuncture. I would go so far as to suggest that if "alternative" treatments work for you, you never had TN in the first place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.