Has anyone with Mono experienced only one swollen tonsil?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had mono since July, and I do feel a tiny bit better, though I still have a low fever and fatigue and an itch. I have become worried it's cancer so I saw an oncologist, who sent me for an abdominal ultrasound, and a special blood test to detect cancer, and it came back with good results. One thing that worries me is that my tonsil is still swollen after all this time, and not both, but just one. Has anyone also experienced one swollen tonsil, if so, for a long time?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clayton

sorry to hear you are still sick. in regards to the one tonsil being swollen omg YES! Finally someone else who has this. its been 14 months so far and my left tonsil has been swollen consistantly. The right one went down approx 6 months in but the left ones been rather stuborn. on a good note, it appears to be coming back to its normal size (more like a prune, instead of a small balloon). please try not to worry, your poor body is in overdrive from the virus and the tonsils are a good indicator.

• Posted

Hi Clayton,

Still thinking about you and remember again take heart that those blood and ultrasound test results came back with good results, that is very reassuring and a sign that most definitely what is going on is down to the mono and nothing else - and that you will fully recovery and get better with time - often it's just time your body needs with this thing, just coping with each day and resting up is the best things to do and to remember that this won't last forever and will get better with time - thinking about you still and message any time!

Hoping so much that the swollen tonsil settles, an awful thing to deal with for sure and definitely think this can be a common symptom with mono - have read a number of people saying they had similar type issues with tonsils on the forum over the past few years and seems to get better with time as recovery happens for the vast majority of people.

Hoping for a good and settled day and weekend and coming period ahead Clayton, hang in there and remember you WILL get through this and get better, truly I believe that.

Craig

• Posted

all kinds of weird symptoms pop up with this virus and eveeybody is unique ...try not to worry as its ALL the virus .if youre starting to feel better you are getting there ! just takes time and there can be ups and downs ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.