has enbody have issues with taste

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my gallbladder out in Nov. My family went to the coast and we ate our normalk place Mo's and to me the clam chowder and fish and chips didn't taste the same. Has anyone had issues with their favorite foods after surgery.

When we eat at other places it tastes just fine. Husband and daughter had the same thing at Mo's and the food tasted right to them. I was disappointed. I love Mo's! If you had the same thing will it go away in time?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My gallbladder removed last September. No issues with taste.
    • Posted

We have been eating fish at home. So I figure it didn't taste right because it was fried. But I have had french fries and they taste right. I guess it could have been the bug my daughter and I caught. It probably was why the food didn't taste good. Swollen glands bug has been going around her and its not strep. Daughter lost her voice so we had her checked and since her and I got sick the same day he said we probably had the same bug.

Hopefully next time it will taste great again. I was nervious eating it since its friedand didn't know how fat clams had.

How are you doing Janet?

• Posted

My gallbladder removed last September. No issues with taste.
  • Posted

Hi Lori73442,

Makes sense that it could have just been a jug. But funny you mention this as since my surgery (July last year) I haven't been able to tolerate any spicy foods. I used to live on very spicy food and was fine but now the smallest amount of spice just burns my mouth and I get the sweats! Unsure if this is even related or perhaps it could just be my medication (I was diagnosed with Addison's Disease recently), but though worth a mention to you smile

• Posted

I have been able to eat pizza.  But I don't eat it too much because my stomache can't handle the tomatoes and spices that much.  First time I had pizza I had the smallest pieces and ate slowly.  Next time I had a cheeseburger for lunch and then pizza found out it was to much fat in one day.  

I love learning what we can handle through pain or getting nausea or diahrea.  I good thing about the low fat diet is the weight loss.

• Posted

My taste has certainly changed. I am waiting to have my gallbladder removed. Still really love spicy things and I really hope this does not change. Sarah
    • Posted

My friends and family who have had their Gall bladder removed haven't experienced an intolerance to spicy food, think it's just me or could be totally unrelated as I'm on lots of medication which could be affecting this. I'm sure you will still be able to take the heat!
    • Posted

Sarah you might get the love of your spicy foods back months after your operation. Just add the spices back slowly and not so spicey at first.

I tried fried fish and chips again Monday; it tasted great but I ended up with diahrea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.