has everyone had a post op appointment?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have had my results read to me over the phone but i was under the impression i would have a letter and an appointment with my consultant post operation, its been nearly 6 weeks now and i have not heard anything. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes! I had a post - op apt...got results but my surgeon also examined me and checked how my incision was healing. This happened about 6 or 7 weeks after surgery. 

They should be checking you in person, asking if you are having any complications, pain etc... 

• Posted

Hi

I had op 2 weeks ago and have been told that you wont get post operation appointment and if you have any issues call ward directly or see your doctors.

• Posted

U should call them cause i had my post op 2 weeks after i had surgery they need to see how the incension are doing and if u are fine
  • Posted

I’ve been told to go to my gp 4 weeks post op. My surgeon didn’t want to see me again.
  • Posted

If in the UK, I've heard it's quite common for GP to follow up rather than surgeon unless there are issues.

• Posted

ok thanks, 

will call i think, to check i have not been missed !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.