Has my broken ankle healed?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I broke my ankle in 2 places nearly 9 weeks ago. I had to have ORIF surgery & was in a cast for 6 weeks. I now am weight bearing with a boot which is going well but I'm petrified my ankle isn't healing correctly. I'm still waiting to have my physio phone call so there's not much I can do for the moment but I want to know what symptoms I would have if my ankle wasn't healing properly please I am so anxious!

It's still swollen is this normal?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

when you go to the doctor next time a xray of the injury is a good check on how your ankle is healing.

I broke my ankle last year it healed faster than the other ankle that had a torn ligament. Bones seem to heal faster than soft tissue damage.

• Edited

yes i will thank you, im not due back for another 3 weeks at the hospital thats whats making me nervous. it feels ok its probably just my anxiety because in scared of having to go through the whole process again its awful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.