Has my surgery reversed?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I can't believe I am back on here. Sorry bout posting again.

It's 4 and 1/2 weeks since my surgery. I woke today and it feels like I've been punched down below. I've had a discharge for a week - at one time greenish, then yellow but now more creamy with some yellow. I've felt where I feel bruised and was horrified to feel a large hard bump on my right side where my back wall repair was done. It's not portruding outside but it feels like something hard has dropped down on that right side. I'm hoping this us some sort of swelling from infection. I'll try and get doctor's appointment tomorrow but is this something I should be seeing surgeon above? I only saw him a week ago and he said all was ok. Will my doctor know enough to reassure me if she examines me? I'm do petrified that it's all reversed. I went to a few social events this weekend but I sat the whole time, but I have walked each day for about 30 minutes.

Has anyone else had this hard swelling on the right side? It almost feels like if I prod it will move upwards.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi cazinbed,

Yellow discharge can mean infection so best to get it checked at GP.

At least GP will be able to reassure you and maybe give you an antibiotic if necessary.

Four and half weeks still fairy early in recovery if I remember right I wasn't walking for more than 2 x 20 min walks by 6 weeks and even then I was struggling, so maybe you have just overdone things a little and tissues have swollen up a little. Feet up and rest, rest and rest.

Hope you get it all sorted soon,

Healing hugs 💕

Phyl x

• Posted

Could it be a haematoma? I do hope your GP can reassure you.

X

• Posted

Hi Sheila,

I just read up about that, I really hope it isn't but suspect it might be. It's got bigger over night and now hurts quite a lot. Can't wait to get to the doctor today.

Carol 🌸

• Posted

Seems more like infection to me. But what worries me most is how you can tell that lump is there? I absolutely hope your not exploring inside just yet. It's too early for that & there will still be sutures. Probing around yourself is a sure fire way of infecting the area.

• Posted

Hi Robyn, no I can see it from outside and feel it from outside. It's got bigger over night. I can't wait to get to the doctor. I'm hoping it's not as Sheila suggested in the previous reply; a haemotoma. I hope it's an infection and not that.

Caz x

• Posted

Just to answer my own question! .. my swelling is a Battholin Cyst/ abcess. Given anti biotics but allergic to penicillin and caphalexin so doctor said it's unlikely to go on Erythromycin . If doesn't go in a week on Ery it's more surgery. Unfortunatly for me it is in the same area as my back wall repair. Apparently unrelated in which case it's a big coincidence! I've been discharged by my surgeon so any worries I now have require a new gynaecological referral. Fed up with it all to be honest, but I'll deal with it: 😔😔

• Posted

So sorry to hear you have abscess, hope antibiotics work and you don't need more surgery in future. At least you now know what us going on.

Healing hugs x

Phyl

• Posted

Now that is very unfortunate. Girls can get them anytime without having had surgery. You maybe did because run down from the major surgery. Hope it gets better & doesn't need draining.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.