Has Neurontin been helpful at decreasing pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Successful experiences with gabapentin?

What doses seem to work best?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I was on Gabapentin for a while and i have to say that i did not have a good experience with it.

It made me incredibly drowsy and irritated, i was struggling to drive to work due to drowsiness and blurry eyes.

Also, when taken with my other medication, it caused hallucinations.

That doesn't mean to say it won't work for you though! It's a matter of trial and error and i hope all goes well!

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your experience with gabapentin What dose were you on?

I have been doing research for my wife who has osteoarthritis,

FM and going through menopause.

We went to several doctors including a couple of rheumatologists, primary care and several women who have FM and a number of pharmacists

Overall the information is not encouraging

She is not one that is open to trying medicine, however she is willing to try CBD

• Posted

I was on quite a high dose,in the 100mgs range anyway.

Im sorry to hear about the lack of encouraging information on your side! Sometimes i find that the doctors i have arent very encouraging in general in their approach to fibromyalgia.

I have heard if you arent really focusing on medicine that therapies such as yoga, light pilates, turmeric tablets and CBD are meant to be very useful alternatives! I am doing yoga at the minute and i find that helps loosen up my joints.

I really hope yous find something that works as its such a tricky journey

• Posted

My wife is considering medical grade

CBD; hopefully it will bring some relief.

Thank you for the encouragement

• Posted

My dr. prescribed 300 mg gabapentin several months ago and I was reluctant to try it. Finally, I did, but I opened the caps & poured out about half or more of it, put the cap back together, then took it. It was probably. about 100- 150 mg. The most I've had is 2 x day of the lower dose. I don't have any ill effects, except that maybe some rebound effect the next day, where I think my body hurts more for a while. I don't take it everyday, but it does help when I feel I really need it. I think you need to sort of "experiment" to see what is the best dose for you. Next, I'm going to try cbd in stronger dose than I had ordered online. What I got online was only 15mg per dose, but a friend said she gets 75 or 150mg at a local health food store, so that's what I will get next. It can help both topically and internally.

• Posted

As I am from Australia drug names can be different. Gabapentin is one drug that I have not heard of.

I take Oxycontin and Endone. The first is slow acting that I take at night in the hope I get some sleep. Endone is the same drug and is fast acting. I take three or sometimes more a day. It is 3:00 AM here and I have been woken with leg pain plus a headache and a few other things.

I am jealous of those who take a pill, get some relief then go to work.

Well that is a small part of my problems. I have a few other conditions as well. My Doctor says that I should have.

• Posted

hi. my dosage is VERY high. I take 2100mg per day along with naproxen. they work for me but I do suffer from slurring my words quite a lot. I have to stress though, if I'm in a ton of pain this still doesn't take it away it just takes the edge off.

• Posted

I fibro and spondilitis arthritis and i am taking 10mg 2x day methadone tablets i was very worried about taking them but honestly i can they work awsome for my pain i do not get drowsy at all they help me sleep and best of all my pain levels are down so i can lead a semi new life i also are going through menopause and i take a antidepresent to help with that just to level out my moods

hope that helps ❤

• Posted

I fibro and spondilitis arthritis and i am taking 10mg 2x day methadone tablets i was very worried about taking them but honestly i can they work awsome for my pain i do not get drowsy at all they help me sleep and best of all my pain levels are down so i can lead a semi new life i also are going through menopause and i take a antidepresent to help with that just to level out my moods

hope that helps ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.