Has Penile Shaft Ulcer. Skin Cancer or STD or Bacterial Infection?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, 

I am 26 years old male living in Florida.

I am posting this discussion out of frustration because I have some type of ulcer developing on my penis shaft and I have no idea if this is skin cancer or STD or infection. I strongly believe it is not STD because i am not sexually active. Last time I had sexual intercourse was about a year and half ago with my ex and i know she was clean. 

It started about a week ago as a little red bump pimple, which got bigger and bigger throughout a day. When I checked after a day or two, it has changed to a crater shape, red at the center, but white-ish color for surroundings (it might have been popped due to friction between the pimple and my underwear.) However, the ulcer seems to be getting bigger and bigger everyday. I used alcohol swap to clean and traiamcinolone topical ointment to prevent from getting worse but i do not think it is working. So far i have one ulcer, and it is only painful when i put alcohol swap or is rubbed. i see very small amount of mucous discharge when i use alcohol swap but no bleeding or other discharges.

I am attaching two photos of current state. 

Thank you for your time in advance.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I suggest you get checked for herpes to rule it out but it looks like a Chancroid which is a bacteria infection
    • Posted

Is it possible to get chancroid even though I am not sexually active?I just looked it up and mostly you get it through intercourse or when you go to developing country. I just can't find where or how I caught this.

• Posted

I have it too right now, I will be going to a urologist later and get checked. I have it for a week now. 
    • Posted

Can you look at my post to see if I have it. I haven’t had sex in months and don’t know how I have it! Maybe from masturbating with dirty hand idk
    • Posted

Just diagnosed just now its herpes 😭 Best to do is to be checked. 

• Posted

Im not a doctor can diagnosed something like that but I have it too right now and diagnosed with herpes the doctor said it will be dormant in your body I know I had it since the last 6 months when I had unprotected sex with her and its just last week who came out I mean the outbreak just started last week. I think its herpes I have it too right now and diagnosed just earlier. Sad to say! 😩

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.