Has this happened to anyone?

Posted , 4 users are following.

my doctor said I have anxiety but recently, I can see my heart beating in my left breast and stomach. (visible pulse) This hasn't happened to me before and I am really bothered. I have had Ecgs done even when this is happening and there was nothing.

secondly, my body has been shaking randomly nowadays, it just feels like it is vibrating.I used propanolol for a week for heart palpitations and I dont know if this is a withdrawal symptom and when it will stop

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

my doctor recently told me that propranolol doesn't give side effects for withdrawal because it's not addictive, however shaking randomly is anxiety, I get it too x

• Posted

Hey, yes I've had weird anxiety symptoms which make me feel like my heartbeat is pulsating out my tummy. But, its usually my stomach twitching. Anxiety affects your entire body and your stomach even more so. When you're having heart palpitations it can seem like your torso is moving. If you concentrate hard enough, but it's totally OK. It's normal, you need to learn breathing techniques to calm this down. A couple of deep breaths should help. Or if you haven't got it already download the headspace or calm app on your phone and start practicing meditation. I never got on with propranolol at all. It freaked me out taking them (but if a medication phob although I am now on 10mg citalopram because I have had it before and know its safe and did work eventually in calming my anxiety).

• Posted

my anxiety causes everything you have written above. the shaking randomly and the palpitations. the propranalol will ease these symptoms a little. not much but sometimes enough to take your mind off it for a little bit.

using propranalol for a week shouldn't cause any problems stopping but I'm not sure about long term use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.