Has this happened to anyone else

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an anterior ankle fusion on June 6th 17. I was in a cast until July 18th then I went into a boot with partial bearing weight until August 24th I was released for full bearing weight still in my boot. since my surgery I've had really bad pins and needle feeling also the right side of my foot is numb up into my toe I cant bend my big toe at all but the other four little toes I can. I've been in pain since the first of August I've been telling my doctor he keeps saying it's normal I finally called him two weeks ago because I couldn't take the pain any longer he asked me to come in he took x-rays to find out my heel is now tilted my heal wasnt tilted before my surgery I don't know why it is now.I go back this Thursday to discuss other options. I feel like I've took 20 steps backwards since my surgery, im in worse condition now,im still in pain ontop of that part of my foot is numb,the pins n needles r driving me nutz is 24/7 n doesnt let up.my big toe wont bend down,and i have no mobility in my ankle..before my surgery it was just pain none of all these other systoms.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

physical therapy would be great for you but if you can’t afford it use a tennis ball for the bottom of your foot;it will help with the pins and needles 
    • Posted

I was in physicsl therapy,it was helpng alittle bit but not much.My Dr. Told me last week to stop until i can see him this Thursday to discuss the treatment for the condition that im having now which is Varus tilted heel.
  • Posted

Hi Nicolette

I had a fusion done maybe around same time or after. It was totally fine for a while just what l thought was healing pains. But the last few weeks its been really sore and swelling up. Its worrying me as l am.due a knee replacement on 21st. Its the opposite leg. So l am gonna have a pain in both legs. My ankle fusion l was told was healing fine the screws are still in though, but the pain is coming from all my foot. And its swelling everyday. Do you think l should email my consutant that done my ankle and advise him and tell him l will be in for a knee replacement in a few weeks?

So yes l am getting the same problem as you.

Laura x

• Posted

What kind of fusion did u have? I had an anterior fusion where he went into the front of my foot up my shin. I have a plate and 4 screws.My Dr. Said my fusion has healed very good,and i shouldnt be having any pain. I actually called a few times complaining about it and finally he said to come in..i had a feeling something wasnt right.

Yes if i was you id still tell your Dr. About your pain thats where mine is.It started on the right side of my foot then the pain spreaded to my heal.I still use ice and i still elevate it but it still sweels.Im sorry to hear you are having a knee replacement sad

Having pain in your ankle / foot now a knee replacement ouch. Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.