Has upper stomach dull and sick pain for over a year

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had upper stomach sick and dull pain almost constantly for a year, started with me feeling unwell with it and I have lost a lot of weight as I couldn't eat... had lots of tests, the upshot is that one consultant said my symptons were not in keeping with gallbladder pain..second opionion said it was and they believe there is a gallstone in duct..waiting for results of  yet anothe MRI..I do know I have gallstones though...I am meant to go for op very soon.an open gallbladder   op, but I feel that although I am in daily discomfort, the symptons do not fit a gallbladder problem.......I have has no severe pain and my dull,pain is daily and not in episodes. I dont want a fairly big op as it is open surgery to take out the possible stuck  stone and gallbladder...when a largish percent of people get other peoblems after it like IBS and continued pain...if I had had a really bad episode I would be fine to have it  done...I am really unsure and it is only days to go..in my heart I feel it is not the gallbladder. For info I am 60 female. Any help out there? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You know you should research the natural remedies to get rid of the supposed gall stone that is stuck instead of surgery. 
  • Posted

Hi first I would wait for the test results to see if it is a gallstone in the duct, if yes it might pass through your system without hopefully much pain. But I think that it might be caused by something else, because of your symptoms. The pain of gallstones is severe if they are obstructing the gallbladder or duct. I would try to see if in case there is stone if it can be shattered with laser or dissolved. Try anything before surgery. I had my gallbladder out and I wish I hadn't because it does change your digestive system and some people get better others never. I am 38 female too and I had to have the surgery after two months my baby daughter was born because of excruciating pain almost every week and because I had pancreatitis after so many attacks . I am still getting over side effects but feeling much better. I hope u can find out soon what's the problem.
  • Posted

Thanks both of you for your answers.....I do have a lot of pressure in upper stomac  which goes to my back,this comes on anytime esp after certain foods although my diet is now lactose and gluten free for 9 months, I often feel unable to eat though..I weigh  46 k instead of 58!so I am v skinny now...even though I do try to eat and manage..fatty food no good though....but as I said there is no ryhm or reason to feeling bad...I do get the odd right side twinge lately..... But it is my central area that has cramping or dull, pain,.i was meant to have an a procedure to take stone out..which they say is there..but then we decided..whilst I was waiting for it ....surgeon and I to do everything in one go...I didnt realise it was a serious operatio though with weeks and weeks of getting better with the open op....some people are much better after the keyhole op though....I will ring again andfind out when they can let me know if there is a stone and I might decide in the procedure ercp...but no op.....it has been a long year with a lot of discomfort and dull food!

• Posted

Hi

no stone in duct now..I think  it passed out 2 weeks ago as I felt unwell for a week......hospital let me know today but am scheduled to have gallbladder out next week.....I am not sure what gallbladder pain is like .....as I have as I said upper stomach pain all the time a tinge of right stomach pain but nothing that drops me to my knees.....but I am losing weight and am tired if the stomach pain..how do I get rid of them naturally..do you know" or should I have the gb out to stop more escaping stones,,,, a real question mark! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.