Has very hot weather made your symptoms worse?

Posted , 14 users are following.

The last few days we've had unseasonably hot weather here in Vancouver and to my surprise my back has become stiffer than ever in the early hours of the morning!  I thought warm weather was suppose to have the opposite effect.  Have any of you noticed this with hot weather?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm in Beijing at present - the mind boggles what the humidity is and the temps have been hovering around 30C. The other week I was in northern Italy in temps in the mid-30s but relatively moderate humidity. I really can't say there is any difference in the PMR - nor to the more normal temperatures of mid 20s we usually have at home.

I have walked a LONG WAY since I got here - no problem on the flat but The Wall was a step too far today - we did a bit but the steep bits are STEEP so we beat a tactical retreat to watch all the millions of others heading up the slopes! I'm tired - but no return of PMR symptoms.

As others have said - humidity is often worse than temperature.

• Posted

The Wall is a real experience, isn't it?  And to think some walk the whole length!!  Together with the heat and humidity in July - wow!  Not to be recommended for PMR sufferers.

Enjoy all.

C.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.