Has your appetite changed?

Posted , 8 users are following.

evening everyone,

ok strange thing to ask but since having m.e/cfs has anyone noticed a change in either becoming hungry more often or a lose of appetite. I was talking to someone who had mentioned that they have felt more hungry since becoming ill then ever before. i started thinking how similar this sounded to me but didnt know if anyone else has experienced the sane thing?

Hope you are all having good or easy days today

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It seems to fluctuate with me depending on whether I'm having a decent day or a bad day, but it does happen.

• Posted

hi there, when i first became sick with me/cfs, i had nausea and a complete loss of appetite and lost 30kg in 4 months . i now 18months later have my appetite back when i am having a bad day the nausea returns , other wise i can be quite ravenous .

• Posted

i have absolutely no appetite...have to force food down .

• Posted

yes i can relate to that i had to think oh its lunch time i should eat . i think appetite disturbances are fairly common in ME

• Posted

thank you everyone for your comments. it seems my body has,once again, gone the other way and instead if feeling nauseas it wants to eat everything in sight!! on bad days i have to make myself eat but thats just because i have no energy.

i keep some plain biscuits by my side so when i wake up in the night i don't have to get up.

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

Generally I don’t feel hungry & have to remind myself to eat also, but when your not burning many calories the body doesn’t seem to need as much food (for me anyway) I could eat out of boredom at times. I feel it makes a big difference what you eat too. If I eat rubbish (sugar & too many bad carbs) my body will crave more. I’m not sure if it’s a cfs/me thing though - I feel it’s the same for most people. Eating healthy is the answer I think.

• Posted

Hi

I have become more hungry too, i have read its just your body way of coping with the ME its looking for energy not sure how true this is but does make sense x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.